i don’t have “enough time” to do a proper update right now.. or maybe i do .. i am not sure.. all i do really know for certain is that there is a lot more going than i have time to write about. so it may be back to that point-form-blogging i was doing last week which was not very descriptive but at least it was informative. hmmm..
- returned on the 7 am ferry from Vancouver this morning. there was fog everywhere. the ferry stopped for 45 minutes because of the fog. *snore*
- the last two days in vancouver have been incredible. i have worked 12 extra hours this week, but i am not certain i will feel it until tonight during the radio show. i just had an hour long nap.
- i ran into a bunch of people last night at atlantis in vancouver. lori the hifi princess was djing there, and we decided to check it out. glad we did.. lori rules.
- i have brent’s celebration of life pictures to post. many of them. will see about posting them in a similar way to how narc/trippycam posted his on ravevictoria.com
- peer mentorship groups are rad.
- tonight is my last radio show for the foreseeable future. i will be performing a special dj set on resonance tonight at midnight on 101.9 FM. joining me will be the intrepid formulate.
- i move in less than a week to work in vancouver.
- carrie rocks!
- oh man.. what am i going to play tonight?
- i feel dizzy.
- i don’t see how i could pull off many of my passions in vancouver without a vehicle
- i have to pack!
- we pulled off something amazing in vancouver on wednesday and thursday. we should all be proud of ourselves.
- as much as i am looking forward to finally being a hermit, i also realize i get much of the inspiration that i use in design and music from being out and mobile. i wonder how this is going to translate in north vancouver with little mobility.
more pictures to come.. last night was amazing and full of surprises.. more to come!
today was a really interesting day in vancouver.. tomorrow will likely prove to be the same.. i love putting on events.. it’s such a rush til the last second and people start showing up and it’s ON and you’re hoping people come and they do. and that rules. haha.. wired on 1.5 hours of sleep!
brent’s celebration of life is tonight at the one lounge. doors at about 9ish PM.
denis has such a good heart. i mean, everyone knows that, but he keeps showing it, time and time again:
5:26:53 PM: Wrinkles: so it’s bibi4j00 pretty soon?
5:29:26 PM: Wrinkles: before you are gone, I would like to say what a decent slice it has been to work with you over these past few years. I am sure we will still comunicate and participate in mutually fun times together whenever that opportunity presents itself
5:30:21 PM: Wrinkles: I wish you all the best in your new endevour in the big city, which will no doubt get you at least a measure closer to some of your life goals 🙂
5:32:13 PM: Wrinkles: just don’t forget those of us that are welded to this rock, for we won’t forget you!
tyne: zona 😀
tyne: loaded you into my ipod today
tyne: now i have a mini zona!
i found a huge beetle last night in my room.. not super huge, but fairly huge.. and so anyway i wanted it to go but it just wanted to sit there. so it sat there and i had to do something about it. so i picked up the closest record sleeve, ironically a hybrid record (i guess the chances are good) named “if i survive” and the little guy climbed on it. i walked into the hallway and turned to turn the lights on in the basement and i looked at the record and he was gone!
.. oops, wrong window.. i think i’ll keep that though.. i am hanging out in IRC on #proghouse and he’s in there. soon we’ll be living in the same city and plotting with our spare time.
i got the new spider mics from tammie and gerry. these things are freakin’ awesome. i have a feeling i will be using them a lot more in vancouver. cool!
well, i am going to go. i just wanted to post .. something. didn’t really matter what. i am very low energy today after a particularly challenging week. word.
Before all of this ever went down
In another place, another town,
You were just .. a face in the crowd
Out in the street .. walking around
A face in the crowd..
Out of a dream, out of the sky
Into my heart, into my life
And you were just .. a face in the crowd
Out in the street .. thinking out loud
A face in the crowd.
– tom petty
it’s been a rather nutty last week.. i am going to try and make up for lack of sleep by going to sleep “early” tonight .. which means before midnight for me.
good luck andrea! andrea is in the final round of a bikini contest tonight. work it.
i am having a going away party with pete (who is also going away) on the last wednesday of this month. if you are interested, leave a comment.. bye!
sometimes it is damn hard to know what the right thing is to do.