Some notes about Maracas Beach:
- I’ve been there a lot
- It’s friggin’ awesome
- I think I want to go there more often and more than anyone else
- Even with sub-par weather, Maracas is still awesome because you get the wicked sand beach to yourself
- They sell “Bake and Shark” sandwiches, which are what you think they are
- I did not have a shark sandwich because I’ve seen Sharkwater
- Sometimes the waves are 10-12 feet high
- Tall waves are fun and dangerous!
- Bodysurfing on 6-7 foot tall waves is fairly predictable and fun
- Sunscreen is your friend, even on cloudy days
- Riptides can be very strong at Maracas – we were warned on this day to not go in past our waist – previously we were up to our shoulders
- I narrowly avoided eating a bucket of sand by putting my palms down, much like a pushup, while a rowdy wave slammed me down
- I was impressed with myself for avoiding injury with some old beach instincts
- I imagine that this sense self-impressing is what it must feel like to be Kanye West
- I would like to return to Maracas very soon
This was very enjoyable to read. Very cute. I think it may have put you in a new light!
Nice to get to see one of my favourite places on earth!!!! Yeah!
Leave a comment