there is a bit of a buzz going on right now about the blog victoria concept so i want to do an update so that everyone knows what’s up.
- aaron has secured a domain name for the project.
- lefty has agreed to do the hosting the website.
- currently interested in getting more ideas of what people would visually like, ie: pictures of what?
- site content: just a list of links? a “submit your victoria blog link” form? this would (probably) be database driven with an admin bit to approve links and put them into an alphabetically ordered list and new blogs to appear in a short “new blogs added” section.
- news section: blog meet up stuff, site news (features wont all be added at the same time — we’ll be starting off with just a list of links)
- RSS: if your site spews an rss feed like mine does, then we should be looking to have a recently updated section (not blogrolling) powered (in all likelihood) by a perl rss aggregator which would output to a page that has a bunch of exerpts from recently updated sites.
- here is the trackback url for the blog victoria category if you would like to reference this subject from your own weblog: /cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/819
to specifically reference this post, link to this:
- all blog victoria update posts will appear undernearth the search box on the right hand side of my blog’s main index until the project is pretty much done
at this time i would like to extend an invitation to anyone who has further ideas to leave a comment on this post. especially if you have skills you can lend to the project. this is just a working list — myself and jodie would like to get this site running before the end of the month!