sand on the beach at goose spit, comox
when you read a blog, you are reading [sometimes] some pretty detailed part(s) of a persons life. you can get a pretty good look at someone this way, and get a good angle on someone without even so much as ever meeting them.
same with any face to face conversation, although it is a lot easier to spin a one-on-one conversation in any direction that you are interested in to learn more about the person you are talking to.
i can only say i know a handful of people in this world, and i am acquainted with many. i know of many people. i know only a few. i am not sure how many people think they know me. i know i have revealed different parts of my personality to some people and definitely not to most people.
goose spit, just outside of comox. sounds gross, but it’s quite a nice place.
how long does it take you to say that you know a person? what happens first before you can say you know someone? are you surprised by anything they do? what areas of their life do you uncover before you can say this? do you sometimes realize after quite a bit of time that you actually know a given person? what does knowing them mean to you? is it a pidgeonhole term? do you like to be known or do you prefer to remain without details?
i guess i should answer my own questionaire here:
- usually several years. uncommonly less.
- if i know them, only truly special events would surprise me.. everything else would be in character
- interests, goals, umm .. not sure what else.
- yes. it became apparent to me within the last year that i know someone quite well. much better than i know most people. maybe better than i know myself.
- it’s nice to know someone. it means quite a bit, but i am not certain i have the words right now to say what it means.
- for some people, i think “knowing someone” is close to pigeonholing them. maybe it is for me, but i try for it not to be. when someone that i know does something out of character, it does not mean that i don’t believe it is possible. i do not think i answered my question. guh!
- i don’t mind being known. i am not sure exactly what integral parts to me there is to know though. i mean .. that depends on who you are.