Pacific Front Sessions for November is my favorite kind of mix to pull off – from chill to breaks to atmospheric house to progressive. Starting off with some really cool and creepy ambient piece from Dynamic Illusion at the beginning, the mood is spacey and dark. From this it turns into breaks with a track called “The Phoenix.” Retroid’s remix of my own Bergamot track debuts next and what a job he did with it. After that there’s a transition to one of my favorite epic progressive breaks tracks – a LoStep remix of Scrambler. I’ve blended that track together with a four on the floor piece, my new remix of Fractal – Oceanography. Hybrid ramps up the intensity with some vocal progressive, and from there it’s not far to the finish line, yet it’s far from over. The two last tracks really crank up the energy levels and the final track ties everything together nicely.
I did this mix in early November while we were in Tofino. On the way back, I stopped at Cathedral Grove where this photo was taken in front of a tree that is over 800 years old. If you ever go to Tofino or Ucluelet, make sure you stop by the grove on the way and have a walk around – it’s an incredible park with great atmosphere and the trees are just ridiculously massive, like this mix!
- Dynamic Illusion – Alone In The Space (Michael and Levan Ambient remix) [Silk Sofa]
- Arthur Deep – Phoenix (Original mix) [Toes in the Sand]
- AFK – Bergamot (Retroid remix) [Pacific Front Recordings]
- Scrambler featuring Amarevois – Free (LoStep’s Class of 95 Reunion remix) [EQ Grey]
- Fractal – Oceanography (AFK’s Ucluelet Detour remix) [Pacific Front Recordings]
- Hybrid – Formula of Fear (Hybrid remix) [Distinctive Recordings]
- Lanui – Jennifer (Original mix) [Baroque Limited]
- David West & Orkidea – Gods Garden (Original mix) [Ava]
Right click and Save As, or option-click the link on a Mac to automatically download