“it’s like you’re at the penny arcade and you just put a loonie in the machine.”
– adam quiney telling adam weir that he had gone too far with a joke
this kind of [bleep] just blows my mind. i am disappointed and, sadly, not surprised. some parts of the world have a long ways to come..
i have been sick for the last 3 days, i took half of wednesday off. thankfully the worst of it is over. i am getting apartment fever from being in the same place for too long. last time this happened i went back to work but i don’t want to make anyone sick there with all my sneezing and gross germs.
last night braeden came by and we watched the hockey game. he’s in town for a few weeks which is rad. charles also came by with some secret vitamin pills and i’ve been taking those with coldFX and i think i will have this bug beat by the end of the weekend. i’m feeling pretty run down right now.
i was going to go to vancouver this weekend but now obviously that would be a bad idea, so i’m staying here. it’s weird to think about taking the bus to north van to visit my brother anand since the last time i did that, i actually lived in north van. so i wouldn’t have a place to trundle to. bizarre. this is around the time last year that i was just settling in to my place in north vancouver and questioning why the iPod doesn’t handle video.
the piece of music i have been fiddling around with is stuck in my head even though i stopped playing around with it a couple hours ago. not sure what to do with it really.
my throat is itchy
so here’s some stuff. myself and thor were the dj’s on pacific front sessions, the label’s monthly show on proton radio, and here are our sets. . now for download! woo wee!
SESSION 1: AFK
1. Royal Assassin – Timing and Precision (AFK’s Icey Manipulator Remix) [Inaspace UK]
2. Nicholas Bennison & Micah – I’ve Been There (Micah’s Breaks Remix) [Screen 2]
3. Mortar and Pestle – It’s a Chick Thing (Luke Chable Remix) [Heavy Rotation]
4. Habersham & Phil K – Cloudbrake (Original Mix) [Audio Therapy]
5. Jeff Wayne – Eve Of The War (Hybrid’s “Fire In The Sky” Remix) [Columbia]
6. Sarah McLachlan – World On Fire (JunkieXL Remix) [Nettwerk]
7. Kasey Taylor and Chris Meehan – Biotics (Mix 2) [Vapour]
8. Bent – The Waters Deep (AFK’s Cascadia Subduction Remix) [CDR]
Download ariz0na / AFK’s set
SESSION 2: Fractal
1. Â The Beatles – It’s All Too Much [Apple]
2. Â Manitoba – I’ve Live On A Dirty Road All My Life [Leaf]
3. Â The MFA – Rinse Time [Bpitch Control]
4. Â Torley Wong – Xristophan (Fair & Masiello Remix) [Alternative Route]
5. Â BCML – Mr. Horowitz (Way Out West Remix) [Silver Planet]
6. Â Libra – Calling Your Name (Fractal Will Call You Back) [Unsigned]
7. Â Chable & Fernandez – Before You Beat My Box [M-Theory]
8. Â Leftfield – Inspection [Hard Hands]
9. Â Sigur Ros – Intro/Milano/Hufupukar (Fractal’s Medly Edit) [Geffen]
10. Habersham – MEHS [Audiotherapy]
11. Rouzbeh Delavri – Soup Â [Maris Music]
12. Royal Assassin – Timing & Precision (Fractal’s Dark Ritual) [Inaspace UK]
13. Santiago Nino – Circuit [Precinct] / Hybrid – Lights Go Down, Knives Come Out [Distinctive]
Download Fractal’s set
in non dj news and in producer land, the track which you see a mix of in each of these sets is a track by myself and Fractal that we did under the alias Timing and Precision. it is recently finished and signed to UK label Inaspace with a release date set for some time this december! woa woa!
okay. last night was a bit insane for many reasons. i wont get into it here but trust me, it was epic. best new nickname: miss r&b 2000 (luke’s name for ria.. lololololol)
luke chable, shiloh and myself at hush tonight.. doesn’t get much better than this for me!
sweet. this is going to rock.
new desktop from pixelviolation.com, er uh me. comes in two sizes.
1024 x 768:
1680 x 1050:
Continue reading jagged
kay first check out this video:
he-man does four non blondes (yes it is safe for work)
okay it is my thought that skeletor, when he was alive, was a chicago gangster, 30’s or 40’s era. the only difference between the way he speaks and the gangster is
- he is more nasal
- that awesome reverb on his voice
alison was like “well how do you know he was ever alive” and i think you can’t be dead unless you were once alive.
so there you have it.